Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day operation of the Accounts Payables department for the Pharma Business & Corporate Functions.
- Responsible for departmental functions such as timely & accurate Invoice processing & payments, account reconciliations (incl. Vendor account recons and Bank account recons), general ledger entries, AP related management reporting (MIS), tax compliance, quarterly statutory audits and corresponding internal controls.
- Drive Balance Sheet hygiene leveraging disciplined Balance Sheet reviews
- Strengthen Internal Controls around the end to end AP process.
- Actively lead Process Transformation/continuous process improvement leveraging Process redesign/Standardization, Automation and waste elimination.
- Complete processing on daily basis according to department KPIs and SLAs. Periodic preparation of metrics over the Accounts Payable function to communicate its efficiency and effectiveness. Continually assess opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounts Payable department and the level of services provided to internal and external clients (vendors).
- Participate as a leader in the development of action plans related to the crucial metric - Days Payable Outstanding.
- Maintain teams work engagement by providing on-site guidance and timely identification and remediation of training gaps
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business units/sites.
- Oversee the processing teams communications and interactions with business units/sites to ensure effective and appropriate communication occurs as required.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Review and evaluate system tools and work flows to ensure a productive work environment while looking to enhance the degree of transaction automation to allow time for analytical efforts.
- Oversee both external and internal audit information gathering and reporting.
- Hire, train and manage the AP team. Develop and maintain a strong team environment and build strong competencies in the team.
- Ensure that team members succeed and advance within career structure.
- Work with other functions as necessary, including, but not limited to, Supply Chain and Receiving to resolve invoice discrepancies timely
- Critique and/or author global policies over Accounts Payable
- Develop appropriate analysis related to Accounts Payable Accruals.
- Lead Vendor Master Data compliance processes.
- Responsible to maintain departments spending and budgets.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Relevant post qualification work-experience of at least 10-12 years mainly in BPO or Shared Services environment managing large teams
- In-depth understanding of the Procure to pay value stream with relevant experience in management of end to end Accounts payable process in SAP environment.
- A solid AP aptitude is highly desired
- Proficient in Written & spoken English
- Good listener with analytical mind
- Excellent decision making skills in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, effective management and interpersonal skills, professionalism, positive attitude and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Leadership and Team building skills.
- Experience in handling functional Training for the Payables team.
- Strong exposure in creating a high performance-driven culture, employee engagement and customer centricity
- Good understanding of functioning of other departments & how AP function needs to interface with these departments.
- Adept in process mapping & documentation. Experienced in redesigning optimal processes (with necessary controls built in) and handling projects.
- Experience of working in a KPI/metrics environment and managing the team using data driven approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Experience of having worked in Operational/Process Excellence work environments exposure to Lean Management principles/Six Sigma methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience of having lead/participated in high impact AP transformation projects (including intelligent AP automation) would be preferred.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:BPO / Call Centre
Functional Area:Finance & Accounting
Role Category:Accounting & Taxation
Employment Type:Full Time, Temporary/Contractual
PG:CA in CA,MBA/PGDM in Finance,ICWA (CMA) in ICWA (CMA)
SuperCFO Advisory Services LLP
Pharma Industry - Global Business Shared Services Unit.
Contact Company:SuperCFO Advisory Services LLP