Overall Job Purpose
As a member of the Investment Mandate Monitoring Team within the 1st line Business Risk, Controls & Assurance team, you will be responsible for covering both pre and post trade mandate monitoring, ensuring investment transactions and holdings are compliant with client guidelines and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be part of the team that implements coding, monitoring and assurance of investment restrictions. The role also plays a critical role in identifying, escalating and guiding the remediation of failures to meet these obligations.
- Review client mandates, IMAs, Fund Guidelines and Retail product documentation, to implement and maintain accuracy of rules (management and coding) on Aladdin and proprietary systems pertaining to client, regulatory and house restrictions;
- Coding investment restrictions and testing rule evaluation capabilities including testing of system and non-automated monitoring activities and on-going system maintenance
- Identify and manage risks and ensure that adequate control processes exist and operate effectively.
- Conduct training of relevant staff including Front Office and Investment Compliance staff;
- Liaising and working with Black Rock Solutions (BRS) on Aladdin issues and requirements; maintaining the coding approved table
- Provide support to the Fund Managers on queries relating to pre and post trade rules and exceptions.
Roles and Responsibilities
It is an Interim role for a period of 6 -12 months.
Supports the delivery lead and has working knowledge of processes, products, tools and regulations.
- Investigation of real-time pre trade and daily violations generated to mitigate risk and ascertain the reason for any breaches / exceptions.
- Timely investigation and reporting of Overnight/Post-trade violations to mitigate risk and ascertain the reason for any rule breaches / exceptions.
- Communication with the relevant business areas for breach resolution and breach logging.
- Investigate temporary exemptions and special exemptions. Maintain, report and review the exemptions register on a monthly basis.
- Undertake annual attestation on mandate monitoring.
- Support maintenance and enhancement of the Mandate Monitoring framework, including Investment Mandate Monitoring policies and procedures.
- Completion of routine daily, weekly and monthly monitoring activities.
- Support breach reporting and production of MI reporting to key stakeholders and committees
- Coding and Testing Rule evaluation capabilities (including testing of system and non-automated monitoring activities)
- Liaising and working with Black Rock Solutions (BRS) on Aladdin issues and requirements
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience in investment / Mandate / portfolio compliance monitoring within Investment firms or other Advisory or Consulting Firms
- Experience of using investment guideline monitoring systems for pre and post-trade monitoring, escalation of investment guideline breaches and commenting on guideline violation reasons within the compliance monitoring system.
- Experience using Black Rock Aladdin is a significant plus. Alternatively Charles River, Latent Zero Sentinel or Thinkfolio
- Knowledge of security classification data, experience using Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
- Strong understanding of financial instruments across asset classes, including equity, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and derivative instruments
- Understanding of UK and European regulatory frameworks that impact investment guideline monitoring and UCITS/AIFM/NURS/COLL rules
- Understanding of prospectus and IMA documentation
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc) skills
- Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills as well as build strong relationships and work collaboratively with teams across the business
- Experience of liaising, influencing and negotiating effectively with all internal and external parties and stakeholders
- Ability to operate remotely, in a diverse and multi-cultural environment with international work or consultancy exposure.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area:Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Role:Trade Finance Operations Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.A - Economics, Maths, B.Sc - Maths
PG:M.A - Maths, MBA/PGDM - Finance
SuperCFO Services Pvt. Ltd.
The mentioned position is for a client of SuperCFO.
Contact Company:SuperCFO Services Pvt. Ltd.
Address :705 , ECSTACY Business park , city of Joy, MUMBAI, Maharashtra, India