Position Title: Working Capital and Tax Manager
Location : Mumbai
Reporting to : Business Controller, Diagnostics
This is a new position that is focussed on driving working capital efficiencies, tax planning and
compliance for the organization. The candidate is responsible for all aspects of working capital, viz;
-Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Cash management as well as DPO improvements. The candidate will
also be responsible to manage all aspects of income tax, transfer pricing and indirect tax planning and
Please find the Job Summary below :
Responsible for efficient utilization of working capital, specifically focused on:
- Accounts Receivables:
- Review Accounts Receivable reports and follow-up on overdue receivables.
- Drive standard work for credit term evaluation and approvals for Channel
- Partners and end customers.
- Work closely with sales team and visit customers as required to address any
- gaps and drive faster collections.
- Set-up standard work and daily management for follow-up and collections.
- Pro-actively identify potential risks and reduce bad-debt risks.
- Identify improvement opportunities and automate cash collection process with
- Channel Partners.
- Review and submit Balance Sheet reconciliations on a timely basis
- Review and work with Logistics to maintain optimum inventory aligned to
- business needs.
- Conduct physical checks at warehouse and ensure compliance of inventory and
- accounting procedures.
- Pro-actively review slow-moving/obsolete inventory and reduce write-off risks.
- Review and submit Balance Sheet reconciliations and timely ensure clearance of
- overdue items pro-actively
- Cash management :
- Review and maintain optimum cash balance to meet operational needs
- Identify short-term cash optimization opportunities in line with corporate
- guidance and procedures
- Maintain relationships with bankers and identify opportunities for cost
- reductions and process improvement.
- Review and negotiate credit terms with key vendors
- Work closely with Procurement team to drive cost reduction and credit term
- enhancement initiatives.
- Direct and Indirect tax :
Drive tax compliances such as Tax audit, Transfer Price, Tax assessments, GST
Identify tax planning opportunities and implement the same.
- Visit customers as required to address any gaps and drive faster collections.
Other areas of responsibility include :
- Provide standard reports and ad-hoc reports as required by management.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP procedures and financial guidelines
- Support the Accounting and reporting team with working capital and tax related areas as
- Support the forecast and budget process as and when required
- Professional qualification:
- Chartered Accountant with 10+ years of experience
- Result oriented and self-starter.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practice of accounting.
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Ability to support other areas of finance as required.
Salary: INR 16,00,000 - 22,50,000 P.A.
Industry:Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
SuperCFO Services Pvt. Ltd.